Monday, November 12, 2012

Brie and Bourbon Caramel

This post goes out to all of my "can't cook worth a damn" friends.  I actually know quite a few and lately I've been getting some panicked calls about what dish they should bring to their Thanksgiving feasts.  I'm going to share my advice with the readers as well because it involves brie, toasted almonds, bourbon caramel sauce and crackers.  This combo will take about 3 minutes to put together and it is so DELICIOUS...I would be surprised if you didn't overshadow the turkey.  No cooking involved just some ingredient gathering but don't wait till the last minute because you have to either find or buy online Fat Toad Farm Salted Bourbon Caramel Sauce ($11).   If you are going to a large party and need a good amount of brie, the best bang for your buck is either Costco or Trader Joe's.  If you don't have either one of those close to you then Presidente sells a brie log that arranged nicely on a platter could look pretty awesome.  Give it a go, you won't be sorry!

No comments: