Friday, April 6, 2012

Sweet Shot

Drink Recipe.

Last weekend I was visiting my folks in Indiana and stopped by one of our old college drinking holes on the IU campus in Bloomington. I was pretty stoked to be carded at the door, but that excitement wore off when I realized that the bartender serving me was born in 1990...yowza...how did I get so old?

But this old dog is happy to learn new tricks. So I had our young barkeep teach me how to make the "hot new shot" at the bar. And it's pretty dang tasty.



The Key Lime Shot features Pinnacle Whipped Vodka, which lends just enough sweetness to cut the lime juice and create a burst of yumminess.

And actually, I think this could be served as a drink on the rocks if you so choose on a hot summer day. It's very refreshing and sweet and contains much fewer calories than an actual Key Lime Pie. Which this not-so-twenty-something can truly appreciate. Enjoy!

Key Lime Shot/Cocktail

2 parts Pinnacle Whipped
1 part Fresh Lime Juice
3 parts Diet Sprite

Shake with ice and serve in shot glasses. Or stir and serve over ice.

No comments: