Wednesday, August 31, 2011

More Margaritas!

New Tequila.

So you are going to start thinking that I have a problem...which I might...but I've just got to talk about a new tequila on the market, Partida.

The people at Partida realized that I have quite a love of margaritas as evidenced by my endless ramblings of said topic on this blog. So they sent me a sample of their Partida Blanco and a few recipes to try out. No one had to twist my arm on this one.



My new favorite thing with really good tequila is to drink it on the rocks with a little lime and a salted rim. It allows you to really taste the true qualities of the liquor, which in this case is extremely smooth and clean with a light peppery finish. No flashbacks of bad nights in college with the Partida. It's way too good for that.



But I realize that not all can handle tequila on the rocks. So for you guys, Partida has a wonderfully simple Margarita recipe that will still allow their superior product to shine. You are going to LOVE this. And I do believe it would be the perfect cocktail to toast to the end of Summer this Labor Day weekend.

Enjoy...I know I will!

Partida Margarita

1 oz lime juice (about the juice of 1 lime)
3/4 oz pure, organic agave nectar
3/4 oz pure spring water
1.5 oz Partida Tequila (Blanco, Reposado or Anejo will work)

Shake over ice. No garnish or salt necessary (but you can add the salt if you really like)

1 comment:

Abby said...

Your post title made me laugh, I will have to try that brand.