Monday, February 21, 2011

Mushroom and Marsala Pappardelle

Recipe.

I decided at the first of the year to give Meatless Monday a whirl. I knew this would be a hard sell to my husband who would easily eat steak 5 days a week. So, I planned my first couple of meals very carefully to make sure to ease into the process and not start the plan off with something he would consider life altering like curried lentils.

I fortunately got very lucky with Rachel Ray’s mushroom and marsala pappardelle. Somehow the taste was between a stroganoff and an alfredo AND I even replaced the 1 cup of heavy cream with Land O Lakes fat free half and half. I used a combination of dried and fresh mushrooms and Trader Joe’s Egg Pappardelle Pasta.




In my household whenever we try a new recipe we give it the star rating but if it is off the star chart then it is deemed “restaurant quality” which is what this dish quickly became. I am happy to report that Meatless Monday is still thriving and for this I must take my hat off to the pappardelle that started it all.

4 comments:

bibbitybob said...

Yum, that looks fantastic!

Unknown said...

That looks great! I will have to try this too, my husband is a big red meat fan but he also loves mushrooms. Great idea!

Unknown said...

Yum, this looks absolutely delicious. We are huge mushroom fans in my household! XO

http://tryitonmegirl.blogspot.com/

Kirsten said...

Absolutely, delicious! Thanks for sharing.