Thursday, January 27, 2011

Here Piggy, Piggy...

Food.

Last weekend I was informed by our good friends, Chris and Priya, that Chicago is home to a sandwich so intense and delicious that Anthony Bourdain called it "The Best Sandwhich in America." Well holy hell...I had to try it.

So my hubby and I took the short 15 minute walk from our place to The Silver Palm, a 1947 Budd Dining Car that was converted into a restaurant. We barely looked at the menu because we knew what we were ordering....

Behold. The Silver Palm's Three Piggy Sandwich.




The three pigs are thick smoked ham, breaded pork tenderloin,and crispy bacon. They are topped with a tempura battered onion ring, gruyere cheese, and a fried egg. We split one sandwich, and I could only eat half of that. Amazingly gluttonous.

If you are in Chicago, definitely make the trip to The Silver Palm for a cool experience and the amazing original. But if you aren't, wouldn't this Three Piggy Sandwich be a great thing to serve while watching the pigskin on Superbowl Sunday?

The components are easy enough, but I bet you never thought of putting them all together. It might be work a try...and to make things even easier, here's my favorite breaded tenderloin recipe from Chef Kim's Kitchen to get you started.

2 comments:

bibbitybob said...

Wow! That looks far too meaty for veggie old me, but my other half would go crazy over that baby! x

EFT Manual said...

Looks very yummy and tempting! How can one resist on having burger and fries? Craving for it now!