Friday, September 25, 2009

Twisted Tequila

Cocktail.

On our most recent trip to our favorite pub, my husband and I spotted a bottle of something a bit unusual behind the bar. So we asked our favorite bartender, "what the heck is Patron Cafe?" He promptly poured 2 complimentary shot glasses of the dark liquor for us and I prepared myself for the worse, because how on earth could coffee flavored tequila be a good idea? Well...it is delicious. Straight up and slightly chilled, Patron XO Cafe tastes like a smooth espresso with a little (but actually big) alcohol kick.

So instantly my brain went to the possible martinis and cocktails in which you could use this delicious elixir. So I made a quick jaunt to the Patron website and found a suggested cocktail that is exactly what my entertaining thoughts had imagined. Check it out below. It will be a daring and delicious addition to your drink repertoire.

Ladies Night Martini
1 oz Patron XO Cafe
1 oz Stoli Vanilla
1 oz Amaretto or Frangelico
coffee beans for garnish

In a cocktail shaker filled with ice, combine all ingredients. Shake well and strain into a chilled martini glass. Garnish with coffee beans.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

MMM coffee! This sounds delicious! Who knew?!

xo.ThisLovelyCity.