Friday, April 24, 2009

Standing up for Cake Stands.

Wedding Cake Display.

So as I was going through wedding pics this week, I was reminded of one of the small speed bumps that I had along the line in my wedding planning - the cake display. Like a lot of other couples these days, my husband and I opted to do a smaller cake and supplement with lots of other small desserts. But with such a large open space for our wedding venue, I was afraid that our cake would get lost in the mix and not have the visual impact that we really wanted. Enter my search for the perfect cake stand.

Aye yie yie. Who would have thought it would be so difficult? Every professional baker takes pics of their smaller (3 tier or less) cakes on these lovely, vintage inspired-cake stands...but I had no luck. I searched tag sales, Ebay, and just short of NYC trash cans. I finally found my cake stand on a fluke trip to a store that I hadn't even considered.

So to help any of you out there that are having the same problem, I've assembled some of my favorite that I have found on the web in the past few months. I think they are a really smart choice for any bride that wants to make a big impact with a quaint-sized cake. And the best part is that you can use these beauties year-after-year on special occasions...a birthday cake always looks better on a pedestal. Enjoy!



2 comments:

Teresa said...

I love the cake stands you've selected. Beautiful! One thing I love about cake stands is that they can be used for decorative purposes also -- all the more reason for a bride to buy one for her wedding that she really likes! I recently used one as a centerpiece for a Spring table: http://rexandregina.com/blog/?p=68

magi said...

Thank you for the info. It sounds pretty user friendly. I guess I’ll pick one up for fun. thank u

Cake Display