Friday, September 19, 2008

Nothing but Truffle...

Food.

So it's Thursday night and I'm working on a recipe for an appetizer which can only mean one thing - I have been inspired yet again by a recent supermarket splurge. This time it is White Truffle Honey.

Now I've enjoyed truffle honey in restaurants before...but I've never had my own personal bottle. It is nothing short of outrageously addictive. Sweet, fragrant honey that is laced with white truffle - creating a balance of earthiness and sweetness that explodes with flavor. It is likely that I alone could eat the entire jar of honey in the coming week. To help rid my waistline of the burden of this glorious find, I decided to come up with a recipe for an appetizer that will allow me to best share the wealth with others. --b

Manchego Stuffed Dates with White Truffle Honey

Medjool Dates
Manchego Cheese
White Truffle Honey

Make a slice in the side of each of the dates and remove the pits. Insert a slice of Manchego Cheese. Drizzle with truffle honey. Enjoy.

1 comment:

Lingo said...

I LOVE these! I made them for a party and they were a huge hit. Easy to make the ingredients are the easiest to find but well worth the search! Thanks B!